Tuesday, 5 July 2011

Inspired by....

"Quiet Corner, Loch Ken"
copyright Helen M Turner

Those who follow my blog will know that Helen is my friend and mentor, just thought I'd show off another of her beautiful paintings. A bit guilty for not having work to show but I am painting just can't share. My track record with work's in progress getting completed is pretty poor so I'm not tempting anything. Especially as the jockey I started the other day has succumbed to the curse of the WIP. I do think of these boo boo's as a learning curve, doing is the only way to move forward :)

6 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

I can see why she inspires you!

Yes, WIP seem to have the "kiss of death" about them :)

Loved the Highland Coos!!!

Husband just had shoulder surgery so I am pretty well tied up right now. Trying to catch up on my blogging.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

The Highland coos are gorgeous. Hope your hubby's surgery has helped and he'll soon be back to normal.
Think I'll keep the wip's under wraps from now on until they're finished :)

Karen M Schmidt said...

Thank you for sharing this painting by Helen ... beautiful! And I love the photos of the Highland Coos as well ... so adorable! We have little woolly ones out in the pasture mostly in the spring, but they don't stay small for long. Love these small breeds!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Glad you liked it Karen. Helen is one of these people with the ability to motivate people she has been a great help to me and an even better friend.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

that painting is fabulous.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

It is isn't it Mary :)