Sunday, 10 July 2011

Sketchpad.....


Two doodles from a very under used sketchpad, I always say I'm going to do more but never do. It was relaxing though. I'm not to sure if I'll ever make it as a bird artist but they do say that practice makes perfect. You cannot imagine how strange today feels after yesterday's loss. For the first day in twenty seven years I got out of bed without a horse to care for....it is the oddest feeling. I'm sad she's gone, she Rio and Dougal have been a huge part of my life but I can accept that it was her time. I've also found comfort in the strangest thing that happened. We were having a quiet moment in a little grassy area at the front of the stables when she stopped in her tracks and took on that distant stare that only horses do, then she neighed. An excited neigh to someone I couldn't see, I'm hoping it was her old friends Rio and Dougal coming to meet her.

2 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

I think animals can sometimes see beyond the veil.

3 months before Heckle died in November last year, she got to trilling like she did when her sister Jeckle was in the room. Jeckle died in 2007. I like to think that Jeckle was waiting for Heckle.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

I'll always picture them as a happy threesome :)