Tuesday, 23 August 2011

"Morning Sun" Acrylic 6x8



"Morning Sun"
Acrylic 6x8
£225-
This is one of my favourite spots on the countrywalk. It's a view from what I call the metal bridge, truth is the only metal part is the railing across the top. I've probably mentioned before but the countrywalk I take most mornings was originally a railway line. The bridge I cross now is new and the remnants of the old bridge can still be seen from it, though nature is reclaiming it bit by bit. This group of trees sit at the end of the field where theres a turn in the burn, the heavy growth along the bank means you can't actually see the burn in this painting but I think it still has a feel of it being there (or perhaps it's because I know its there). I love the way the morning sun catches the lighter tree and the shadows of the other trees on the field. This one will be taking it's place at the Save The Children Exhibition alongside the other one I'm working on....


This morning I was trying to capture the spider's webs on a patch of wild flowers that are winding down for the year. The webs never came out the way I wanted but look what I found hiding in amongst the flowers.....a ladybird...made my day :)

No comments: