Friday, 26 August 2011

Strange day today......


....weatherwise it started great, sunny and just perfect for my walk and foraging for inspiration.


Managed to find some very friendly cows...thinking about a whole series of coo paintings......


Even friendlier was this darling Welsh who gave me such a welcome when she saw me...there were shades of Cathy and Heathcliff as she came galloping across her paddock neighing at the top of her voice. The temptation was great but sadly, small and perfectly formed though she was she just didn't fit in the boot of the car......

It went downhill after that, heavy rain plus nasty thunder and lightening electricity went of for a few hours which meant I didn't get time at the easel...ho hum. Where ever you are I hope the weather is being kind to you and that you have a great weekend

10 comments:

Karen M Schmidt said...

That horse, what a beauty! ... too bad he was too big for your car :)

Your day sounds exactly like our day on Wednesday, started out nice, even a little cooler, blew up a terrible storm, and electricity went out for a couple of hours. When that happens it really emphasizes everything we use it for ... lights, computer, tv, air conditioning, fridge, microwave, vacuum, washer ... luckily our stove is propane, so we could still cook!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

That is so true Karen we have got so accustomed to pressing a switch...perhaps we should all start taking courses on jungle survival lol....at least I now have a very large collection of candles.....smile.

Rolina said...

The weather seems to have been poor since I returned home, though no storms over on the East coast yet!

I would have been tempted by that pony too.

(my pockets almost always have carrots for horses and biscuits for dogs which I often meet on my walks - can you imagine how yucky those pockets are, lol?)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

No doubt you will get your turn of storm weather Rolina. And I can imagine just what your pockets are like wasn't so long ago mine were the same...smile!

Jennifer Rose said...

shame you didn't have any spare tack with you ;p

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

She would have been a little on the small side for me Jennifer....but she'd be lovely with a trap :)

Jennifer Rose said...

she is very pretty.i love welsh ponies, they are so lovely to look at (no idea about riding one tho, bit small for me too lol, i need a draft to ride :p)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

They come in Sections A B C and D's she's the smallest Section A standing 12.2hh

Susan Roux said...

I love the shades of green in your apple photo! Will you be painting it?

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Susan glad you like it. It does make a nice compositon and has lovely tones but I won't be using it. You are welcome to use if you think it might be off use :)