Monday, 5 September 2011

Beautiful Sunday......

.....I know I'm a date late with my title, was too tired last night to do the post. So before my day kicks off I thought I'd post it now. Was going to Dunkeld yesterday to pick up a painting and I couldn't have asked for a nicer day. Before I even got on the road I took the dogs for a spin...autumn is starting to dip it's brush in the paint and there are lots of little pockets of colour starting to pop up here and there.....I just had to share.







Had an equally good time in Dunkeld where the sunshine continued and brought out the best of the countryside. Don't know why they don't put more parking spaces off the motorway where people can stop and take in the views around them. Plus it's very frustrating for artists like me :D


The Atholl Fountain


Hobbit country


Narrow streets of Dunkeld built when cars were few and far between....


Sunkissed parkland


Where talls tree reach into the mountains


Very shy and twitchy deer, zoomed out as far as my wee camera allowed


Thistle wearing it's magical golden bonnet

8 comments:

Deborah Adams,Long Beach, California. said...

The countryside is so restful, yet breathtaking in it's old world charm. Just beautiful! :-)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Was a very enjoyable day Deb...this is probably my favourite time of the year :)

Casey Shannon Studio said...

Love the quaint town of Dunkield. Beautiful place! I was there about 10 years ago. Loved the area and a cute little family owned bookstore where I bought Scottish editions of Harry Potter!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Glad it brought back happy memories for you Casey, and where better to buy Harry Potter books :)

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I agree that the old world look of the UK is as charming as it gets.
Beautiful photos.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Glad you enjoyed them Mary :)

Karen M Schmidt said...

LOVE these photos! I especially am drawn to the one of the grazing sheep, surrounded by the trees with the mountains in the distance. Breathtaking!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

It was a gorgeous day Karen....this is the grounds to a big estate. One of these visits to Dunkeld I'm going to walk right up the road to see what the Lairds house looks like :)