Thursday, 22 September 2011

"Ivan" Acrylic 6x6...plus Facebook changes


"Ivan"
Acrylic 6x6 (on board)
£80- unframed (shipping free)
**Wee Moo Collection**

Poor Ivan has been in limbo for almost a week with only half a face....say awwww. Just been an up and down week one way or another. I'm really happy with how Ivan has turned out and look forward to doing more 'Wee Coos'. Did I say before that the wee coos are having a collection in their own right. All Wee Coos and all 6x6 so to start them off, I've decided to do a special offer on them. From now until Hogmanay, or 31st December to the only person on the planet who doesn't know, I'll be selling these at £80 (normal price is £100-). Add to that free shipping (worldwide) and I think you've got a great excuse to start/or add to your own art collection. Or you could purchase one as a gift to start someone elses.
At present I do have a Facebook presence but it is more a case of being there because everyone else....does that make me a sheep? I know there have been times on here where I've made my feelings about FB pretty clear. Well I've persevered over the last year and other than meeting some nice people it still hasn't rocked my boat. Yesterday, I would assume in competition with Google+ (which I'm not touching with a barge pole) it changed the goal posts again and has caused much consternation amongst even it's loyal followers. There is every chance that when the dust finally settles, (I hear there are to be further changes) everyone will settle down. I have to be honest and say my first reaction was stuff this I'm off. It's still my second, third and fourth one but I blame that on an Aries/Celtic combination lol. For now I'll do my own little experiment by seeing how much I get done in the freed time I'll have.
Thanks for popping in.

Elizabeth

7 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Love Ivan! Wish money weren't so tight, he'd be living in Tennessee :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Glad you like him Gail and you never know he might still be here when things pick up for you...

Linda Shantz said...

Hi Elizabeth! I'm sure you know I share your feelings about FB. I'm coming here to say hi, because nothing is showing up for me over there anymore! Well...nothing relevant! :-) The new moos are looking great!

Karen M Schmidt said...

This one turned out really fine! I like how the red ground shows through in the final portrait. I think I felt the same way about Facebook ... resisted getting on until a few weeks ago, when I read an article about how to set up an artist page that everyone could visit, without having to be your "friend." That way I could keep my personal profile actually personal, without letting it get too unmanageable. I can see that FB can get to be a real time-eater if one lets it. I set it up so my blog posts get posted to my artist page, so I don't actually really ever post to Facebook itself, it just happens automatically every time I blog. It's another way of getting our art out there ... (plus on my personal page I get to keep up with my sisters and their families a lot easier ... I just try not to spend too much time there!)

Karen M Schmidt said...

Oh, I forgot to say that I didn't know what Hogmanay was, but I just looked it up and read all about it. So that's my new thing learned for today. (I felt kind of embarrassed that I didn't know it, with my Scottish roots and all!)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Hi Linda thanks for popping in, glad you like the moos. Staying away as much as possible from FB perhaps it'll settle down after a bit. Right now it feels as everything's written in Russian :))

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Just going to give FB a rest for a wee while Karen till the dust settles.
Can't believe you hadn't heard of Hogmanay didn't you know it was us Scot's who invented New Years Eve lol