Saturday, 3 September 2011

"Sal" Oil on Board 14x12


"Sal"
Oils on Board
14x12
Commission


Tweaking all done, a little alteration and stared at for hours.......finally decided it's done. Mind you after photographing it I noticed I hadn't signed it....so much for hours of observation....smile. I do love this portrait, Sal has such a lovely expression and she's been a joy to paint, fingers crossed her Mum loves it too.

Thanks for looking in, hope you have a lovely weekend. I'm off to try and recover a bull calf from the uglies....wish me luck :)


6 comments:

Maria's Watercolor said...

Oh, this portrait is wonderful, I think it will be loved for years to come, such nice work.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks for the lovely comment Maria :)

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

I LOVE Sal's portrait as well as any you have done! She definitely has that "look" to her. Sal's owner should be thrilled, I know I would be.

Deborah Adams,Long Beach, California. said...

Sal turned out spectacularly well! Wonderful expression! I thought the little bull calf was nice!... not ugly!! Silly. :-)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gail it always feels good to find that something extra in a portrait that brings out the character :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gail I'm really pleased with it. Lol the bull calf like some paintings is going through the stages of looking good, looking bad, bordering on oh my I've lost it.....what I and other artists call the uglies. Fingers crossed I'll be able to get it back on track....