Wednesday, 7 September 2011

"A Silver Sea" Acrylic 6x6


"A Silver Sea"
Acrylic 6x6
£120- unframed

There are days when Arran disappears as if someone has pulled a curtain across it. Then there are evenings, when like the magic of Brigadoon it stands huge almost black against the sky, the sea before it a silver shimmer. On evenings like that or on a glorious sunset I can see it's peaks from my studio window, twelve miles away. I'll tackle the sunset another day, today I'll settle for the silver shimmer.
Thanks as always for looking in...........

2 comments:

Karen M Schmidt said...

Beautiful, Elizabeth, I like that silver shimmer as well. I'm envious of your location so near the sea!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

We do have a lovely coastline Karen it's nice sometimes to drive down and take a walk along the beach. Last year when we had our heavy snow fall the beach actually froze...it was beautiful!