Wednesday, 14 December 2011

Not a good start....

Ok, this morning wasn't my best morning. Yesterday and into the night we had another nasty weatherfront, the second in less than a week. I woke this morning to discover that I had lost (as in unrepairable) 12 panels of fencing. Why is it when you finally think things are getting a bit better you get the rug pulled out from under. Feeling a bit as if I had been battered I drove into town to meet up with my friend Jane. Her grandaughter Mirren was singing with the rest off her class at our local supermarket. All the primary schools in the area take turns to sing Carols at this time of the year. I have to say it was just the tonic I needed. To see and hear the joy in their hearts and voices lifted my spirit. They only had a one hour slot and it flew in, I could have stood another hour listening and cough cough joining in.
As I wandered round the supermarket afterwards for a few odds and ends the fence disappeared to the back of my mind. I bought a couple of my favourite magazines came home and sat down and watched a Christmas movie on TV. The fence can wait.......



Isn't Mirren gorgeous in her Santa hat.....


2 comments:

Deborah Adams,Long Beach, California. said...

I think the music is my favorite part of the Christmas season too. :-)
As far as the fencing goes... I think I've about decided that we're not meant to really get caught up, or ahead, because just when we come into a bit of extra cash, it goes straight away to the car mechanic, or plumber, or veterinarian. Just so long as we break even, I'm good. :-)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Well the kids and the singing put it to the back of my mind.....smile!