Thursday, 12 January 2012

From the Scrapbook - John Emms "Resting After The Hunt"



I have no idea where the week has gone, but gone it has. Most of it has been spent looking for fencing to replace what was flattened by the storms. Mulling over what to pick, sparred fencing seems the sensible way to go as it's more wind friendly. I lost all five panels at the top of the garden another six between me and one neighbour and thankfully though miraculously only one on the other side. It was an odd sized piece as it was between the gate and the wall of the house so. my Uncle made me a new one to fit. I painted it yesterday with Autumn Red wood preserver. All was going well until I noticed Joshua out of the corner of my eye heading towards me and the fence. I was just about to tell him no he would get covered in paint, when I saw his feet and legs. Being blind he hadn't seen the lid of the paint on the path (my fault should have sat it on the table) and had walked right through it. Off course he had also had a wee wander as well and there were red paw marks everywhere. I'm surprised my blood pressure isn't off the scales lol.
Hoping to get some easel time tomorrow and the weekend. Meanwhile here's one from the scrapbook by John Emms called "Resting After The Hunt", great colour and composition.
Thanks for looking in........




4 comments:

Karen M Schmidt said...

Love this beautiful John Emms dog painting ... thanks for sharing it. Jonathan is a ... dog? Oh well, he was just helping you brighten up your winter landscape I guess :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

I had to go read my post again thought I'd done a typo error...my wee dog is called Joshua though we usually call him Josh.We got him and his brother Spike when they were three so they were kind of stuck with the names. I've got a friend called Jonathan and I thought I'd put his name done instead...getting to a certain age it wouldn't be impossible...lol

Karen M Schmidt said...

Well, also "getting to a certain age," I typed in the name wrong when I wrote the comment! LOL

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

LOL....