Sunday, 1 January 2012

Growing....



Working title for this oil study is "The Winner"
copyright Elizabeth McCrindle
Don't do resolutions, but I like the idea I got from a post made on Facebook by Kimberly Santini ( Painting A Dog A Day) to pick a word for the year. This years word for me is growing. Growing as an artist, developing my skills and portfolio, growing as a person and finding the me that I know is in there. The last few years have been a rollercoaster full of ups and downs but I've got me a big torch and there IS a light at the end of the tunnel.
I'm so loving how this wee study is progressing but then I do love painting horses...smile.
Thanks for looking in......

10 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

I must say the word for the year for me is "downsizing". Truly hope 2012 is a good year, better than 2011!

Linda Shantz said...

Happy New Year, Elizabeth. I love the look of the new study too!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

I need to do a bit of that too Gail :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Linda just hope I don't over do it....

Anonymous said...

Happy new year, looking forwards to seeing what you produce this year :o)

Lynda Schumacher said...

Looking lovely, Elizabeth. A friend of mine on fb made a similar post -- 'course with so many options I HAD to cheat, and so chose three words: integrity, focus, and BREATHE.

Karen M Schmidt said...

"Growing" ... great word for the year, Elizabeth ... looks like you're off to a great start!

I love the sketchy quality of this just as it is at this stage. I can empathize with your not wanting to "overdo" ... sometimes that's the trickiest part. I'm sure it will be lovely ... your love of horses always shines through!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Anon....I'm looking forward too....

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Those are three good words....looking forward to this years posts from you xx

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Karen with no horse to love and look after now, I think there is going to be a whole lot of love flowing from the easel....smile