Saturday, 14 January 2012

Hard Going



Working title "The Winner"
copyright Elizabeth McCrindle

Worked a little on the wee painting I started at the beginning of the year. I've been painting so long in acrylics I feel as if I'm doing this one left handed. It's going to take a wee while to get into working with oils again. Everything feels different, mixing colour and how long it takes to dry. Plus I think it's also a confidence thing, but I guess it's just about putting in the hours. Just have to have a few going at the same time. So it looks as if your going to be jumping around from one painting to another with me. Will be working on some acrylics as the Spring exhibitions will be coming soon so that's something to look forward too.
Thanks for dropping in.....

http://www.elizabethmccrindle.com/

4 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

I find the switch between any medium to be difficult, but the difference between oils and acrylics is like night and day.

Still without a computer and so not liking having to run into work on my days off to use my computer there :(

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

I remember how long it took me to find my way around acrylics after using oils for years. Perhaps it won't take so long on the switch back :)

We really have become quite dependant on computers. Mind you there are many days when I wish I had never bought one. And there are definately things I could do without on them if it weren't for an addictive nature!

Karen M Schmidt said...

A lovely beginning on this one, Elizabeth! I find the switch from oils to acrylic much harder than vice versa. After painting with both for years, I must say oils are my favorite by far! I just get a little impatient with the drying time once a painting is finished ... :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

I love the feel oo oil paint Karen but have got used to how quick acrylics dry....lazy I guess :)