Saturday, 7 January 2012

Naked Trees...


This mornings sunrise.....



Have to say over the last few weeks of appalling weather and because I no longer have a horse depending on me....I've turned into a bit of a hot house plant. But today there was a brief blink of sunshine so I pulled on my walking boots and headed out. Sunshine yes, anything like warm, not on your nellie, it was baltic. My body still hasn't quite recovered from almost being halved by the icy wind that was hurtling down the country walk....I've turned into a softie lol. In my defense my trusty jacket that had seen me through many Scottish winters left when Tara left....couldn't bear to wear it anymore. It's replacement is next to useless and even with a few layers underneath didn't stop the chill it will have to be replaced. Moaning done with, it was great to be out in the overfresh air and I was happy to see that more or less all the old trees have survived the gales. Unfortunately there wasn't much to photograph, very bleak mid winter....smile. All the farm animals are safely tucked away in nice cosy sheds not even a sheep in sight. I know through experiance that even in a few weeks changes will be afoot and my camera will start clicking away.
Hope your having a lovely weekend where ever you may be and staying snug...thanks for dropping in.

3 comments:

Karen M Schmidt said...

Looks like you snagged at least a couple of worthwhile compositions with your creative eye, even in the bleakness of the winter landscape ... I love the low angle of winter light on bare trees ... so interesting and beautiful!

Stay snug, have some hot cocoa ... spring is just around the corner!

Anonymous said...

Not even a cheery robin making the day a bit brighter, or they all been blown away?

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Had some hot Belgian Chocolate Karen...felt like Spring :)