Tuesday, 7 February 2012

"Barley Coming Through" Acrylic 8x8


"Barley Coming Through"
Acrylic 8x8
copyright Elizabeth McCrindle

This is the painting I started on Sunday which I was supposed to carry on with yesterday. The best laid plans and all that. Yesterday turned into a gorgeous day and I spent it in the garden, those who follow the blog will know that a lot of gale damage was done to my garden, only one line of fencing still standing. Yesterday saw me making a start to get it back in order. I have to say being out in the open air was a huge tonic for me even the fact that so much has been damaged my spirits were lifted. This morning I cracked on and finished this wee painting and although it went in and out of the uglies I'm delighted with the outcome.
Now to get another wee one started (something different), lunch ready and then back out into the garden.
Thanks for popping in for a look........

4 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Love this one Elizabeth with the hills in the background!

Weather has been rough AND strange everywhere. Glad you are able to get your garden back into shape.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gail enjoyed this one....going to take a lot to get the garden back in shape both effort and money but its good to be working outside :)

Karen M Schmidt said...

I'm glad you pressed on through the "uglies" to come out the other side with another beautiful painting! I go through that with almost every painting, coming to a point where I just want to chuck it and start over, but pressing on pays off most times.

I'm in complete agreement with you about being outdoors ... working in the yard and garden can be so rejuvenating and invigorating, so worth the effort!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Yep come to think of it there aren't many that don't look downright awful at one point...lol. It's a wonder we artists don't lose more ears :D