Sunday, 26 February 2012

Doodling with Daler-Rowney Acrylic paper...


This Daler- Rowney pad of acrylic paper has been sitting in the studio for heaven knows how long. Thought I'd break the habit of collecting them and actually do something with it....smile. I know it's a very rough sketch but I'll work a bit on it tomorrow and see how it does. It actually has a nice canvas surface to it though not sure how it it would work with a lot of water.....I tend to use quite a dry brush.
The paper is actually pure white not blue as in the image. I've also removed the sheet from the pad and taped it on to my board with masking tape....so far there's no buckling.
Hope you all had a great weekend!

www.elizabethmccrindle.com

2 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

They actually take water very well and so far I've never had one buckle. Use them occasionally for ACEOs, they are excellent for that size. And of course for sketches they are lovely.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Yep did a wet wash over the top of what I did last night and it dryed beautifully.....and off course will be easy to cut up as well :)