Sunday, 12 February 2012

Handsome Boy


Was working away in the garden today, the fence between my neighbour Helen and I was put up yesterday. What a difference it makes doesn't feel so much like living in a goldfish bowl. Can't wait till they come back and put the fence up at top of the garden. While I was pottering away Helen's son arrived for a visit and brought his beautiful lurcher Joe with him. Light wasn't to good but I went in a got my camera and took some photos. He's a handsome boy and he's coming for a stay with Helen for a whole week......soon. Which means I might be able to get more and better shots of him.
Also worked on a couple of teeny weeny paintings for a Secret Art Exhibition being held in aid of the Injured Jockey Club and the Multiple Sclerosis Society. They have to measure 12cm x 13.5cm so they can fit in a CD case. The exhibition is being launched during this years Cheltenham National Hunt Festival and will carry on at other paticipating racecourses finishing at Kelso. As it's a secret can't post them at the moment.
Well hope it's been a good weekend and thanks for looking in.........

5 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

We don't have Lurchers on this side of the pond that I know of. He is a beautiful boy though!

L. D. Burgus said...

He is a handsome fellow. I bet you can paint a wonderful pose of him.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

what's a Lurcher? He looks like a greyhound.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks all for the comments I'm looking forward to getting more shots of him when he comes his holidays to his Gran...smile.
Mary lurchers are a cross breed usually a greyhound/collie or terrier cross. Joe certainly looks to have more of the greyhound gene as his coat is smooth most have a wiry coat like a deerhound.

Karen M Schmidt said...

A handsome boy, indeed! His coat is such a beautiful color. I'll bet he can run like the wind, too, given the chance! Looking forward to more pics of him ...