Tuesday, 14 February 2012

Remember this one........




Remember this one, I looked back it was started on the 31st December. Then there was a wee whirl around the 14th January. It caught my eye this morning leaning against some boards and found it's way onto the easel. It can sometimes be a little daunting when you go back to something. The flow has been lost as has the mix of the paint. But I ignored the voice in my head saying you'll bugger it up. And you now what I didn't......
Thanks for dropping in.



6 comments:

L. D. Burgus said...

Yes sometimes when I pick up an older work that is unfinished, I end up taking it into a totally different direction.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

It's always a learning curve Larry :))

Lynda Schumacher said...

It is lovely, Elizabeth. Love the combination of colors. It is difficult for me to return to something unfinished also, I'm so sure I will destroy it......we must trust ourselves.

Karen M Schmidt said...

You certainly have NOT buggered it up, it's shaping up beautifully ... you have such a feel for horses and it shows! I myself am about to get back to a large iris painting that I started a year ago ... it is daunting like you say, but I hadn't gotten so far on it, so it will almost be like starting over. :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

So true Lynda but I do think I'm getting braver as I get older....maybe :D

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Karen....I'm quite happy with how it's developing. I hope perhaps, maybe I get in completed today (Thursday). Looking forward to your Iris painting :)