Tuesday, 28 February 2012

Sketch...Gale Queen of Kinfauns


Approx size 10" x 13" on Acrylic paper pad 10 x 14

After a wee spot in the garden letting the cares of the world drift off I sat at the easel. Only spent about half an hour but the paint just seemed to fall as I wanted it. Sketches I think give you a sense of freedom. The fact that if you make a complete bollocks of what your doing doesn't matter and allows you to loosen up. I could have gone on longer but made myself stop......should I carry on and do more or leave it as is.........
Thanks for looking :)

3 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Either would work, but I think I'd leave it as is :)

Karen M Schmidt said...

I love the expressiveness in this ... beautiful! Ahh, the age-old question: should I develop the painting further, or leave it? Sometimes that can be quite a struggle ... :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks for the comments Gail and Karen. Art is always that moment of knowing when to stop (and how to start). There have been many times when just one drop of paint has been too many...smile.