Saturday, 18 February 2012

Making New Memories....


Skimmia

My life for the next few months will be concentrated on my art and my garden. Yeah I know what a hard life....smile. That said I feel at the moment neither are firing on anything like full cylinders. The one good thing is if one isn't working the other can be my shoulder to lean on . The garden is much like starting a new painting. An almost blank canvas, with the storm damage done to the fencing a lot of shrubs were exsposed to the harsh winds and are lost. My handsome hydrangeas which originally came from my Papas will be the biggest loss. I've cut them back as far as I dare and will keep my fingers crossed that they will return. One of my Rowans has been damaged at the roots and is starting to lean and will have to come down :(. My Dad and I rescued them as saplings from a cruel landowner, mind you it was fortunate they were so thin as we had to make a run for the car with them......your all sworn to secrecy..OK! The last of the new fencing should be in place by next weekend and although it will be slatted it will give protection for many years to come. Then the garden can start to smile again and new memories will be created with new shrubs and plants. Days spent looking through garden magazines and visiting nurseries.......I'm getting to slow for quick getaways :))
So you'll forgive me if I don't post as often as I have in the past or if somedays it's just a line and a photo. You'll know I have my hands full making new memories for me in the garden or memories for someone else on canvas.
Have a great weekend and thanks loads for popping in.........

2 comments:

Karen M Schmidt said...

Thumbing through garden mags and visiting gardening stores ... heavenly! I hop you'll share photos of your garden as you go along ... I'm hoping to do the same here ... we have so much room here around the house it's a little daunting trying to plan gardens. I'll just take it a bit at a time, building up little beds and paths as we go along ...

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

I've just got a wee patch to play with but I'm looking forward to it. It's amazing what you can get in a wee plot :)) Mind you we had a few flurries of snow today so winter ain't finished with us yet. I like your idea of building up beds and paths....