Tuesday, 6 March 2012

Deactivated...........

















Deactivated is probably a good way to discribe me at the moment but the deactivate is as in my Facebook Account. I had considered deleting it but who knows perhaps down the line I'll want to go back to it. For now I just want a quiet life, walking, pottering in the garden, taking photos and time at the easel. Some thing is not quite in kilter but perhaps a good Spring and Summer doing what I enjoy is what's needed to put it right. The longer days are sure to make a difference.

Photos from the top.... 1.a very ancient hawthorn which looked marvelously knarled in this mornings sunshine. 2. Lichen covered hawthorn already showing buds. 3 and 4 a very chirpy wee robin singing his morning song, just for me. 5. A fencepost wearing his St Patrick's Day bonnet. In the garden 6. Flowers on my pieris 'flame of the forest' 7. A very defiant flower on my severely storm damaged Forsythia and 8. My beautiful fairy queen Uonaidh.


Good news today from the Aberfeldy Gallery is that "The Burn" has found a new home.


Thanks as always for taking the time to look in and for listening to my rambles. Rest assured I'll never deactivate My Blog


** Post Note....this post is technically Mondays post, I was late in getting to my Blog and missed the witching hour :))


10 comments:

Deborah Adams,Long Beach, California. said...

Hi Elizabeth,
I'm quite sure you're not alone in your feelings of facebook as I also count myself in that out of kilter resonance of the too often seen extreme commentaries, etc., that facebook seems to attract.
I much prefer the quiet beauty of my artist friend's blogs. Thank you for offering such a lovely respite in a weary world. :-)
~ Deb

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Deb a little respite is exactly what I get while producing the blog. It makes me smile to know that it also gives pleasure to others :)

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

I've severely limited my facebook time not only to work on the taxes :( but to have the time to sit and draw new sketches. A lot of my work has become stale and I needed new inspiration. So I am now armed with a slew of new drawings, I just now need to decide which direction to go with them! It's amazing how much time facebook sucks away from you!

Congratulations on the Burn selling. If I were a wealthy woman I would have a number of your pieces :)

Lynda Schumacher said...

Do whatever feeds your soul, Elizabeth. Beautiful pics: I am jealous -- you are further (much further) along with spring than we are.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Sounds like you've been drumming up some new ideas Gale. I look forwarded to seeing the fruits of your labour :)
Thanks for the congrats it's always a thrill when something finds a new home. Like a warm smile on a cold day :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Theres sometimes so much clutching at my soul Lynda it gets hard to breath.
Not so spring like today the North wind doth blow :)

Vagabonde said...

I just discovered your blog. Your photos are lovely and your drawings of horses are spectacular. I enjoyed looking at your posts.

Susan said...

Spring is in the air as your beautiful photos reveal. Congratulations on the sale of your lovely painting.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks so much for the lovely comments Vagabonde I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and hope you'll pop back soon :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Many thanks Susan, Spring seems to be taking delight in teasing us at the moment was a bit wet and cold today. Loving your ballerinas :)