Sunday, 11 March 2012

"Foal Study" Acrylic 6x6


"Foal Study"
Acrylic 6x6
N/A  

I cried yesterday, the reason for my tears, totally irrational I know but there are new horses in the yard. My yard or that was how it felt. Actually they've been there since before Christmas, the other day I drove past and a grey face was looking out of Tara's stable(it stung a little). But yesterday the grey and it's wee friend were out in the field, for the first time. I saw them when I was driving to Crosshouse for milk and rolls. I had got myself out of the habit of looking up when I was coming or going to Crosshouse. And, I had got myself out of the habit of looking out the studio window for the golden girl with the sun kissed mane. But yesterday seemed to bring everything to an end, a dot in the i and a cross in the t. So I cried.
Today, no tears but it did make me think of how quickly the last twenty seven years have passed and that I really should be concentrating on how best to use the next.....smile. So today I threw out every piece of art that I know in my heart of hearts doesn't make the muster....felt good, in fact it felt GREAT!!! The wee 6x6 above was orginally a larger piece but I had never been happy with the foals legs...over long for the body. But the head was so pretty I downsized it. Then off course I had to put it on the easel and tweak it a bit here and there....I like it now. So here's the deal for the next 7 days it'll be available on my website for 50 GB pounds unframed/shipping free.
I'm off to think a bit more....enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

8 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Throwing things that don't muster must be in the air from here to there :) My trash is loaded...

Lovely piece, the head is wonderful.

I know about the tears. Sometimes it's hard to except the finality of something.

Hugs, Gail

Robin Roberts said...

you're a very brave little girl - thanks for sharing. How could you let this little gem go after the culling? Keep it, I say. :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Letting go is always hard Gail but my Gran used to say as a door closes a window opens....time to let the fresh air in I think :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Oh don't worry Robin I won't throw her away but much better if she finds a home where she can be showed off :)

Karen M Schmidt said...

This is a beautiful little piece, Elizabeth. I know it's sad to be reminded of a lost friend of so many years ... thanks for sharing that. And good for you for "pre-spring cleaning"! I know how good it feels to clear out odds and ends and make room for fresh new creations!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Karen couldn't bring myself to bin the sweet head so it got re-vamped. Yes I do miss my Tara and Rio and Dougal they were such a huge part of my life. But I think too it's the routine of caring for them I miss. I've been a little like a duck out of water, hoping that has now passed.....

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Oh how freeing throwing out the stuff that is never going to be good!! I love to do that. Have a bonfire every Thanksgiving and just burn them all.
About your beautiful horse, I am so sorry. It hurts so much to lose our beloved animals.
Glad the new horses are making you feel better.
This is a lovely piece.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Freeing is a good word Mary, it's good to start afresh :)

Yep I do miss my horses but time now to devote my time to my painting :)