Sunday, 18 March 2012

It's Mother's Day in the UK....



Today is Mother's Day here in the UK, so I thought I'd post a photo of my Mum that I found in a box of photos (which I'm always going to sift through and put in order). It says on the back that it was taken at Lesmahagow. So I'm guessing it was on a visit to Uncle Hughie and Aunt Kate's. Uncle Hughie being my Papas brother. My Mum passed away on 16th March 2007 just missing Mother's Day of that year and just a few weeks short of her 80th birthday. It's a strange thing but when I was younger I used get annoyed when folk would say "your so like your Mum". Or I would answer the phone and whoever was on the other end  would say "you sound so like your Mum". Now, I smile when I catch a glimpse of her in the mirror when I sort my hair or put my make up on. I also smile when I say something she would have said in just the same voice. So, hug your Mum close today on Mother's Day. But if like me you can't, then take comfort in knowing she'll always be there in your smile and laughter.




A surprisingly hard frost this morning. Nippy but beautiful, thank God I didn't plant the new currant bushes I bought yesterday. I do miss sharing my photos, though I don't want to go back to overcrowding what is essentially my art blog....I might start another photo blog?? I'll think about it and let you know. And you can let me know if you would enjoy one or not.
Enjoy what's left of your weekend. I've got paintings to wrap, a car to wash, some work in the garden and a should I or shouldn't I hold off planting the currant bushes........MORE PHOTOS.....

4 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Lovely to see a photo of you Mother :) Seems we don't appreciate them until they are gone, at leastways in my case :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

That's so true Gail I miss both my parents very much and took a lot for granted when they were here!

Karen M Schmidt said...

Very nice remembrance of your Mum, Elizabeth; I love that photo of her. I know sometimes I get a glimpse of both my sister and my Mom when I pass by our hall mirror, more and more as time passes!
And beautiful pics of the springtime frost, too! I love seeing your photos, either here OR a photo blog. I've been so busy with outdoor projects haven't had time to post lately, but hope to at least put up some new photos today. :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks for the comment Karen. Hope your enjoying you outdoor projects. I've been enjoying my time in the garden. This coming weekend sees the clocks move forward an hour in the UK. More daylight can only be good.