Friday, 23 March 2012

Preparing for the Spring Exhibition at the Torrance Gallery.....


"Barley Coming Through" Acrylic 8x8 £250-


"The Blues Boys" Acrylic 6x8 £225

"Barley Coming Through" and "The Blues Boys" plus a couple of paintings I'm still working on will be off to Edinburgh a week this Monday. They will all be taking part in the Torrance Gallery's Spring Exhibition which runs from 7th April through to 6th May. Picking a couple of frames up from the framers tomorrow  to dress them up with. It's always exciting to see them in their frames, a good well choosen frame can bring a painting alive. Will show off the other two (larger pieces) when they're done.
Well I decided to go ahead with the photo blog as you will probably have noticed. These past few days though not firing on all cylinders (still in pain) have been happily spent...happy snapping. The feather shot below was just one of those moments. It wasn't much bigger than the top of my thumb, but the combination of it being brilliant white, dazzling sunshine and a slight breeze caught my attention....and imagination.I kinda love it. Hope you'll enjoy popping into the blog from time to time.....I love to show off the things I love.... http://emccrindlethephotos.blogspot.co.uk
Thanks for looking in....


2 comments:

Susan said...

Hi, Elizabeth - hope you are feeliing better by now. I love seeing your art and I think a sprinkling of your photos will be a nice mixture. I love the photo of the feather - its awesome! And good luck with your gallery show!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Susan, feeling better than I was, though unlike No. 15 I've managed to avoid the crutches...smile. Glad you loved the feather it was just so pretty caught on the shrub. I'm hoping the owner lost it through moulting and not anything more gruesome :))