Tuesday, 20 March 2012

Spring Equinox


"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." ~Margaret Atwood

Today is the Spring Equinox and what a fine first day of Spring it was. I made it to Aberfeldy today and the paintings are delivered ready for the opening on Saturday. Unfortunately as I was driving through Glasgow I realised my camera was sitting on my kitchen table.......a lot of good it was there. So sorry no photos, you'll just have to take my word for how pretty the landscape was :)

4 comments:

Deborah Adams,Long Beach, California. said...

When I was in Glasgow, years ago, I had my camera ready but it was in the middle of a huge rain storm, with thunder and lightning so I didn't get to see much of it. Ah well. I've never heard the poem about smelling like dirt at the end of the day. So true! :-)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Well Debs I'll have to take my camera to Glasgow one of these days and capture some images for you, but I'm guessing it might have changed a bit.....they always seem to be making new roads :)

Saw that quote and in conjoured up the smell of gardening!

Deborah Adams,Long Beach, California. said...

No doubt Glasgow's changed tremendously since I was there back in 1979. Goodness that was ages ago!
I always enjoy your countryside photos and any glimpses of the villages, etc. So beautiful.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

There are days Debs when it would be great to wipe the slate clean and be back in 1979 to start afresh. Hopefully I'll be out and about more this year and get you more glimpses :)