Tuesday, 24 April 2012

Before and After....from a "Blue Haze to "Dancing Irises"



"Dancing Irises"
Acrylic 16x16
sold


The painting above "Blue Haze" has never sat right with me. One of those paintings that at times when you passed looked ok. Then other times you wanted to rip it off the wall and burn it. This morning I decided against burning it and instead had a little bit of fun trying to improve it. It needed a softer touch and now I feel it's more Spring like, looser and the wild irises are dancing. I had been swithering whether to keep the name or christen it anew. As I wrote the end of the previous sentence the title came to me "Dancing Irises".....it would seem everything has fallen into place as it should....smile!

7 comments:

L. D. Burgus said...

It is sometimes amazing how one can review a work and find areas that change it's entire expression. You opened up more sky space to give it a better balance. It is a nice painting.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Larry glad you like the changes. It's hung in the hall for a wee while just needed some courage from me to do what needed done. I'm pleased with it :))

Karen M Schmidt said...

I love the changes, Elizabeth! Quite a few times I've lived with a painting a while before it suddenly hitting me what needs to be done to take it where it needs to be. You're right, the new version is so much lighter and "springy." You mentioned that this one has been hanging in your hall for a while; are you keeping it, or is it for sale? If you decide to sell, how much would you be asking?

Karen M Schmidt said...

Oh, I forgot to say I LOVE the new title, as well! :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

I'm liking the changes more and more Karen and your right about the light bulb moment with some of them. Mind I hate when that happens and the client has it on their wall :) Yep it's for sale and it's on the website at the moment for £500 framed.

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Really like the changes! And the title fits it to a "T"

Having cataract surgery this week and next so will be very limited on computer :(

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gail it's looking lovely in it's frame. Hope all goes well with your eye surgery....everything will look so much clearer when it's done :)