Tuesday, 10 April 2012

Fresh air......



Weather wasn't to bright over the holiday weekend but yesterday the afternoon cleared enough for a spell in the garden. Being outside really does lift my spirits, the fresh (bracing) air, the birds chattering away and the smell of the soil and plants. The birds are especially a joy to watch and smart too. They get to know who pushes the meal trolley, I can feel their beady eyes on me when I'm working. And when I start to gather up my tools positions are found and the noise level rises....lol.
I fill the seed holder and the second I push the porch door forward the bravest leave their hidey hole.







The Lookout....

4 comments:

Karen M Schmidt said...

Looks like they know which side their bread is buttered on! These are fantastic photos, Elizabeth ... I can see at least 2 or 3 paintings in there ... ;)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Karen, they certainly do lol. For all the photographs I've taken of birds I've never painted them.....maybe should give it a shot :o)

Karen M Schmidt said...

I think you should give it a try ... who knows, maybe that will turn out to be another specialty of yours, along with your beautiful horses and landscapes! :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Well they say if you don't try you'll never know :)