Tuesday, 17 April 2012

"Tree Tunnel" Acrylic 10"x14"


"Tree Tunnel" Acrylic 10" x 14"

Signed and happy to call it finished. This is one of those paintings where you could go gone on forever adding a leaf here and there but I wanted to keep it loose and airy. Looking at it I find myself transported to the day I took the reference photo. There had just been a shower of summer rain and the smell of the earth and foilage was fresh with it...... 



First Spring baby I've found this year. Was a freezing cold morning with a heavy ground frost she looked like she would have been happy to be back in her Mum's tum

6 comments:

Karen M Schmidt said...

Love the feel of this one ... Reminds me of a road not far from our house where the trees touch overhead in the summer; I love driving through that "tunnel." Beautiful painting!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Karen, I love driving through tree tunnels as well. Felt good to have a brush back in my hand :)

Deborah Adams said...

I don't know what it is about tree covered roads... Ahhhh. What a cute little baba calf. :-)

~ Deb

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

She was the dinkyest wee calf I think I've ever seen Deb....so sweet.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

sweet little calf.
This painting came out quite well. Great value pattern and you didn't fuss too much with the foliage which is difficult to paint anyway.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks for the lovely comment Mary......less is more :))