Saturday, 5 May 2012

A delight.....



In the evening before I wash the supper dishes I put out bread or seed for the birds. An extra treat for both the birds and me, they get a nibble and I get to watch. It is a real delight to turn a chore into something to look forward too. Last night apart from the usual entertaining squabbles and showers in the bird bath, the fledglings paid a visit. Two chubby wee sparrows learning what and what not sparrows should eat. Daddy on the second photo had bird seed which he broke before giving it to the baby. Amazingly quickly these wee guys will be off on their own so it was a delight to be witness to the beginning of their journey. Photos are a wee bit hazy cos I had to take them through the glass.
Thanks as always for dropping in......

Elizabeth

6 comments:

Karen M Schmidt said...

What a smart thing to do, spreading out bird goodies so you can be entertained while cleaning. I love these photos ... thanks for sharing these birdie moments!

Judy Wood said...

It's always a pleasure to know that someone else shares my enjoyment of the humble sparrow. Watching the interactions of the parents with their offspring is always so interesting.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Your welcome Karen, yep they're cheap (no pun intended) entertainment :o)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Judy I love my wee sparrows sadly their numbers are dwindling for some reason....probably manmade! They make great parents and have the patience of saints with wee fat chubby's following their every move lol

Deborah Adams said...

Such beautiful little fledglings. :-)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

They are Deb love them when they're wee chubby's....smile