Monday, 21 May 2012

"Halexia - study of a Princess" Acrylic 8x8


"Halexia - study of a Princess"
Acrylic 8x8
NFS

This is as far as I'm going to go with this wee study. It was only ever meant to be a loose study to help get my artistic juices flowing, but ended up getting a bit more detailed than I had intended. Not that that really surprises me because oftener than not stopping once you eventually getting going can be the hard bit. Painted on gessoed hardboard I left the board white and used only two colours Ultramarine and Burnt Sienna.
Time now for a spot of lunch then I really must hoover out the inside of the car and give it a good wash.

4 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

It's amazing what one can do with a limited palette! What a wonderful eye she has!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

It is indeed Gail makes you wonder why we need all theses colours they keep bringing out :)

Karen M Schmidt said...

Elizabeth, I LOVE this! And I agree with Gail, the eye is just beautiful. It's so hard to keep things loose sometimes, but think you succeeded with flying colors! (even with just two flying colors - LOL)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

I think I might have over cooked it a little but it was fun and a lesson was learnt :))