Tuesday, 8 May 2012

The magic of Camelot.....that's the horse not the kingdom!



"Don't let it be forgot, that once there was a spot, for one brief shining moment that was known as Camelot" ~ Frederick Lowe

When everything is going pear shaped you have two choices. You walk away or you give yourself a good shake and get on with it. Admitting to yourself that not all is as it should be is a beginning. The doing something about it is the tricky bit but, I really haven't been happy with a lot of the work I've been doing. I guess my heart just hasn't been in it, you wouldn't believe the amount of stuff that I've trashed. So it's back to the beginning for me, sketching and doodling, working up ideas, getting my heart pumping again.
I've made a start with this sketch of the 2000 Guineas winner Camelot just after his win on Saturday. My thanks goes to Michael Smithson for allowing me to use his photo.

4 comments:

Deborah Adams said...

Thank you for your post. So true.
Love the new sketch. :-)
~ Deb

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

I think this is a stunning start!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Deb came out not too bad :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gail might not do anymore to this one Gail just trying to get a flow going....