Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Making it right.......



Untitled
Acrylic 24 x 24

This is another painting which for me there was something missing. So, as I'm getting myself back into the saddle I'll attempt to make it right. Of course in my eagerness to get started I forgot to take the before photograph. The foreground which is where the problem lay was a bit bland with what looked like a rickety fence suspended in mid air. That removed I had to figure out what was going to replace it. With all the wet weather we've been getting I'm thinking muddy tractor tracks which will give a nice sweep into the painting.
Thanks for popping in.....

Elizabeth
www.elizabethmccrindle.com

4 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

I had been told by a long ago art instructor that a fence added great interest to a painting by giving a reference point for the eyes. I like what you did to this one~

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gail not done yet but liking the way it's going :)

Lynda Schumacher said...

Ohhhhh, you are so fortunate I live across the pond......otherwise I would absolutely MAKE you teach me how to paint! : ))))

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Lynda I truly appreciate the compliment but I doubt there would be much I could teach you about painting. For someone who draws so beautifully believe me you can paint.