Monday, 28 May 2012

Zac - a work in progress


Zac - Acrylics a work in progress


Been quite a while since I've had a dog on my easel so I thought I'd change that this afternoon. This is Zac a lovely lurcher that belongs to my neighbours son. He's such a softy and I think that's already coming out in his portrait. Those lovely deep eyes and the soft ears that feel like velvet. These last few days have been overly warm, especially after the cold we were getting.....making it warm in the studio. But I've also been inspired by my surrounding countryside and the creatures found in it on my very early morning walks. Hopefully that inspiration will continue at the easel and there will paintings a plenty in the coming days and weeks.
Below and some of the sights and animals I came across this morning......








4 comments:

Karen M Schmidt said...

Wonderful photos, Elizabeth! And Zac ... What a beautiful, sweet subject. I think you're capturing that look that only a dog can give you ... those eyes! :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Karen he is a lovely dog for a hunter he's got awfully soft eyes. Didn't get so many photos today as the weather has changed was dull early on...

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Great start, I always love how you define the eye first.

What a wonderful area you live in!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gail got held up today so never made anymore progress, hoping to get back to it first thing tomorrow.

Yep I'm lucky to be surrounded by inspiration. Mind you there are times when I get overloaded and don't know where to start...lol