Friday, 15 June 2012

Back in training.....plus an Australian legend!


This is just a little fun piece I worked on today I really am trying to get into the swing of doing something everyday. That of course doesn't necessary mean it's going to make the website or head of to an exhibition. It's just me trying to get my eye's back in training. Painting is no different from doing physical excercise. You have to keep at it to develop your skill at draughtmanship, mixing paint, seeing the finished piece in your minds eye until it all becomes a second nature. Time off generally means it takes a little while to get back in the swing. It also usually means a grouchy frame of mind and the fear that you'll never paint another decent painting.....hopefully that never happens. The photograph makes this seem much sharper in colour than it actually is especially the sky it's a lot softer.
Well I'm now off to make a wee cup of tea, with a biccie. Have a great weekend whatever your doing and thanks as always for popping in....


The legend that is Black Caviar
 copyright Michael Smithson

Nearly forgot...how could I, wonderful photographer and facebook friend Michael Smithson was out at an ungodly hour this morning in Newmarket for a meeting with the Queen. No not HM but the Queen of Australian turf whoosh and you've missed her Black Caviar or Nelly to her friends. She's flown over to run in next weeks Royal Ascot. There's been huge hype surrounding her but Nelly just carrys on totally unperturbed by all the fuss,,,,looking pretty awesome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know I'm being pedantic but the Queen is HM, not HRH.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

I stand corrected my Royal etiquette is lacking :)