Monday, 11 June 2012

Making progress.......




Worked on this larger landscape (24x24) that I decided needed altering(didn't like the foreground, as you can see by the bottom picture). I had left it sitting in the studio at a level where I couldn't avoid looking at it every day. If you stare at something often enough it usually lets you know what the next stage has to be. I had already decided it needed a sweeping action to lead you into the painting and muddy tracks seemed the best way to go. But, when I started working today I felt the green in the foreground were too blue and it made the painting cold.....so I put some more ochre's in to give the painting a warmer feel. I'll leave it for today but it gives me a good feel and hopefully I'll finish it off tomorrow.
Thanks as always for looking in......

No comments: