Tuesday, 12 June 2012

"Making Tracks" Acrylic 24" x24"


"Making Tracks"
Acrylic 24" x 24"

It would seem the larger the painting the harder it is to photograph it but I wanted to show the finished painting today. I'll try for a better photo in better light but I am much better pleased now with the finished piece. During last weeks Diamond Jubilee there was a programme about the writing and putting together the song 'Sing' to celebrate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. It was a very moving documentry and pretty humbling when you saw the difficulties some of the muscians taking part went through to create their music. Gary Barlow of Take That fame produced and wrote the song and in the programme he was forced to think about his own music. He realised that some where along the road his music had become a job and he had lost some of the sheer love of creating and making music. I have been feeling like that myself with my art. I need to fall in love with painting again, not easy in a cash starved world. But, surely the more heart that goes into creating a painting the more attention it will gain......smile!
Below some images from the garden something else I've rekindled the flame with. It's amazing how the afternoon or evening can dwindle away when pottering in the fresh air amongst your plants.
I hope you've been loving and having fun with whatever you've been doing today, thanks as always for popping in....

**Post note got a better image of "Making Tracks"**




No comments: