Friday, 8 June 2012

Zac finished and signed off.......


"Zac" Acrylic 8x8 NFS

This afternoon I sat myself down and finished off Zac's portrait. As with just about every painting you'll ever do there will always be a wee tweak here or there that you could do. But, I picked up my slimmest brush and signed my name....it's done. It's been ages since I painted a dog and I have to say I really enjoyed it...guess that means your going to be seeing more...smile!


Pinky (above) should be all packed up ready with the other paintings that I'll be heading of up North with tomorrow. Sadly due to a senior moment by the artist he's stuck in the studio. Collected two frames yesterday and got home to discover I'd given my framer the wrong measurements. A 6x7 painting just can't squeeze into a 5x7 frame. Never mind his day to shine will come and I've now got a new frame waiting for a new 5x7 painting.......another wee coo perhaps.
Have a great weekend whatever your doing and thanks for popping in.......



2 comments:

Karen M Schmidt said...

As one who has experienced quite a few senior moments herself (as in “where DID I put my glasses?” when they’re on top of my head the whole time, or standing in the doorway of a room wondering, “now why exactly did I come in here?”) I completely and totally sympathize with you! Oh well, this will give you a chance to enjoy the painting for a while longer before it goes out into the world.
The Zac portrait is absolutely lovely ... you’ve really captured that sweet expression you can see only in a dog’s eyes ... although usually masking some mischievous thoughts inside the head of said dog! :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

LOL haven't done that yet Karen though I am forever putting my glasses down then can never remember where....sigh!
Glad you like Zac yep he's quite a character and did himself a fair bit of damage while chasing a rabbit but he's a much loved pet...