Sunday, 1 July 2012

Work in Progress Peter No.2........


"Peter No.2" a work in progress

Well I'm happy to say yesterday was a lovely day, a bit overcast at times but dry and I managed to get my grass cut.....happy clapping. Today was back to rain but I'll talk about my wee work in progress first. A wee study of Peter a Charolais Bull who used to live nearby. Peter is my name for him as those who visit the blog frequently will remember I give all the moos I paint names. Makes it easier when coming to give the painting a title, black cow in a landscape gets boring after a while....smile. This is a 6x6 in acrylics but don't be surprised if it eventually becomes a much larger painting. I'm thinking Peter handsome big fellow that his is would look pretty good life size....don't you think? I've a few more lined up couple more of Peter, some more Charolais, Friesians, Limousins and cross breeds. All with sweet faces and plenty of character and off course there will be some horses, landscapes and whatever else takes my fancy or catches my eye. So you'll have to pop in to keep up...smile!

As I said it was back to rain today but I was out for my walk rain or not and took my camera in the off chance I'd find something. First shot is of a partridge which was on a large grass verge on the turn off for Busbiehill. I stopped the car and rolled down the window to get this one, such a pretty bird. The middle one was a wee warbler that was giving me what for as I walked along the path. There were others there, I'm thinking it this was one of the parents warming me off...he's only the size of milk top lol. Bottom one is Lupin Pods, I loved the texture of the rain drops on them. Final of Euro Football is on tonight so I might get a bit more done of Peter as no chance I'll see any television! Thanks as always for looking in.....




2 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Great start on Peter~

I'll trade you your rain and overcast for our record heat! 110 F yesterday. It looks to be a miserable summer for man and beast.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Think I'll just struggle along with the rain Gail...smile! But I'll pray you get some cold breezes and moisture soon!