Sunday, 12 August 2012

"Kind Eye" Oils on board 6x6


"Kind Eye"
Oils on Board

I had promised myself a day off today as this was the last day of the Olympics. Then I thought of all those Olympians who have taken part in London 2012. I bet there were many times when they were finely tuning their talents they wanted a day off but didn't. Ok it's just a wee 6x6 not a huge challenge, but, I've completed it and what I've learnt will improve the next and the one after that. Tomorrow I can start afresh. Enjoy the closing ceremony today. Salute in your heart those who have taken part in London 2012 and take inspiration from their courage and determination, win or lose it's the taking part.
Thanks as always for looking in....

8 comments:

Linda Shantz said...

Love this one, Elizabeth. Hope you enjoy the closing ceremonies too! What are we going to do when the games are over?? haha!!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Linda it felt good to be painting a horse again.....been too long. Yep looking forward to the closing ceremony. I'm sure theres loads I'll find to do that I should have been doing lol

Studio at the Farm said...

From a long-time horse-owner, and painter, I can truly say this eye is exquisite.

Lynda Schumacher said...

LOVE it, Elizabeth......and the perfect title for it!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks for the lovely comment Kathryn it's much appreciated :D

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Lynda, sometimes it can be quite a challenge to think of name for a painting but, as you say this was perfect for it :D

Susan said...

Kind and gentle - very lovely, Elizabeth. It good to see your work again and I look forward to more.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Susan benn a bit out of kilter this past while but feeling much better now :)