Wednesday, 5 September 2012

Someones's watching.......

Mostly when I'm taking photographs I'm out and about at what some folk consider an ungodly hour. I do this because I like my own space. But mostly because one day before I die I'm going to get a photograph of a Roe Deer. I know they are there, I sometimes catch glimpses of them or hear them whispering in amongst the trees. Also the light is better and some critters (apart from Roe Deer) seem to accept a two legged at an early hour and I get the odd good shot. But I can honestly say I've never thought anyone actually noticed me. So I was quite surprised the other day when a lady arrived at my door asking if it had been me who had been photographing her horses. Seems she keeps her horses at livery down past the country walk at Knocklandside. Her mare Holly had a foal this Spring and I had been trying to get some photos of it......not with much success I may add. Seems she and her husband had been having the same problem and she wondered if I had been more successful. I told her I'd put all the photos on a disc for her and try and get some better ones.
So it just goes to show you never know who is watching you.....in fact I was so surprised that she was away and I realised I still don't know how she found me!
Here's some baby photos....






 
The last one I took yesterday and thought I'd got her perfect. That is until I got home put it on the computer and discovered she had a stick in her mouth....sigh! Painting is a lot easier....smile!

2 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

She is a beauty! So study-looking.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

She really is lovely and although she looks quite chunky in the photos she's really a dainty wee thing :)