Wednesday, 10 October 2012

"Somethings Brewing" Acrylic 8x8

 
"Something's Brewing"
Acrylic 8x8
 
A nice day spent in the studio working on this wee charmer plus cutting and preparing other boards. It really is amazing the difference two inches can make no giggling now. Much as I love doing my wee 6x6's they can be constricting at times, there seems be so much more freedom on an 8x8. This one could be heading it's way to Edinburgh and the Torrance Gallery for their Christmas show but anyone wanting it email me.
Couldn't help but share the photos below of this mornings sunrise from my bedroom window. Standing watching I had a feeling it was going to be a good day.
 
 

 


 



4 comments:

L. D. Burgus said...

I could see the move up to 8 by 8 would be a lot more space. You almost have to paint small things on small boards. And yet one can paint on large boards and you feel like that you are never going to get the space covered. I like you landscape.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Larry was great fun painting it :D

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Love the "summer" feel to it. Don't think you'll be seeing too much of it until 2013.

Gorgeous sunrise, we are still in the rainy gloom.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Scarely Gail 2013 it's that far away. But , the one good thing about being an artist is I can bring a little bit of sunshine into the house anytime I want....sadly without the heat :D