Saturday, 17 November 2012

A less frantic path........




 
 
Those who follow my blog regularly will remember that I posted at the beginning of this month that I had reached my 800th blog. Well that got me thinking about the time I spend on my computer. I love blogging and since the very first post I was hooked. I enjoy sharing my paintings, my photos and my thoughts. I know there are those out there who also love Facebook, Twitter, the Pin thingy and Google +. I know everyone and their Granny is into social networking. I also know that some are able to use all these things to sell their work. But after trying very hard over the last few years the only thing I seem to have achieved is losing time from my day that could be better spent. That's not to say I haven't enjoyed 'meeting' some lovely people. I've appreciated all the lovely comments but feel the need to step away and take a less frantic path.
At the moment I'm working on commissions that for now I don't want to share ( but will asap), hence the photos of my wee feathered friends. They are having a great time on their new feed station. I normally hang their feeders on the cherry blossom tree but it's been so wet the grass was taking a beating. This is also a bit nearer the house, a better chance at some good photos....smile.
I'm also delighted to have been asked to take part in a group exhibition next year at the Aberfeldy Gallery. Myself, Stanley Bird, Sharon Mitchell and John Davie will exhibiting in August 2013, seems a long way away but I'll need 10/15 paintings so my thinking cap is already on.
Time though to relax for the rest of the day and watch the racing from Cheltenham. Thanks as always for popping in...... 

2 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Could be a photo from out in my front and backyard :)

I know the path less frantic. Still wrestling with the auditor at work, now 2 extra, last minute commissions which I'm thrilled for, just going to make things frantic the next few weeks or so...

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Gail I thought of all the lovely bird photos you share on your blog when I put these on.
Good luck with your commissions I'm looking forward to seeing them on your blog :)