Monday, 5 November 2012

Back To The Drawing Board

 
 
The saying 'back to the drawing board' is usually uttered when something has gone wrong. Nothing I've been painting at the moment pleases me, and with commissions on the go things are a bit fraught. So, today I decided enough is enough and literally got 'back to the drawing board'. I had a look through my photos and picked a lovely moo to draw. It's just a part of her face with the emphasis on her eye. The fact that there is no pressure has made it an enjoyable afternoon so I think this will be a week of paper, pencil and rubber and getting back to basics.
Thanks as always for dropping in for a look....smile!
 

4 comments:

Dean H. said...

The eye is wonderfully done, Elizabeth!
You're right, drawing can be a great block breaker. I admire your paintings...go get 'em! :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thank you Dean for your lovely comment. I didn't have so much time today to carry on where I left off. But, the little bit that I did do was instant relaxation and that can't be bad :))

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Always love your moos and your wonderful eyes.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gail I'm enjoying it :)