Sunday, 18 November 2012

Injured Jockey Club Fund Christmas Card....

 
Winter Wonderland - Peter Smith
 
Here I go again mentioning Christmas and November only part the way through. This time though it's for a good cause. The first Injured Jockey Club Christmas card I remember was when someone sent us a card with a painting on it by Susan Crawford. It was of Red Rum on the beach at Southport and I still have it in my scrapbook of paintings. I squirreled it away as soon as my mother took the cards down and before it was recycled in the bin. I can't remember how many years I've been buying them since (and I'm not sure I want too) but each year I get excited waiting to see whose work will be used. This year it's the work of an artist I've admired for many a year, Peter Smith. Both cards are typical of his work, full of colour and movement. So if you haven't yet bought your Christmas cards these are on sale from the Injured Jockey Fund website at £7.50 for a packet of 10 http://www.injuredjockeys.co.uk 

 
Soft Light, Hard Frost - Peter Smith

4 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Wow, they are beautiful.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

They are even nicer up close. The calendar this year is photos rather than paintings but it hasn't arrived yet....

Linda Shantz said...

Love Peter Smith. What a great collection you must have! Hey, want to trade Christmas cards this year, Elizabeth? :-)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Linda your already on my list, I remembered reading you were a Peter Smith fan and thought you might like one. For the first time this year the IJF have produced two seperate cards, they used to print one on the front and the back. Smart move now folk will have to buy at least one pack of each....smile!
Do you have a preference? :)