Monday, 17 December 2012

"Mama Cass" 8x10 Oils

 
"Mama Cass"
Oils 8" x 10"
Commission

The secret is now out and I can at last share Mama Cass. Mama was a much beloved family member and loved by all in general. An all rounder from working hunter classes to film star (she played the part of a Highwayman's mount in a movie of which sadly I forget the name). Sadly she has long passed on so I had to work from photographs. They had to be squirreled away from her Mum as she was to be a surprise gift for a special birthday. Yesterday she was presented and I hear that Mum was delighted. 

6 comments:

Susan said...

Very beautifully done, Elizabeth. I think her Mum must be over the moon about thisportrait!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Susan, it's always a hold your breath moment with commissions until you hear that everything has gone well :)

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Lovely indeed! I bet her owner was thrilled with the portrait!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

All reports were that she was Gail :)

Karen M Schmidt said...

Elizabeth this is breathtaking ... I love it!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Karen, she was fun to do :)