Tuesday, 26 March 2013

Cold brisk walk....






 
Took myself off to Barassie Beach this afternoon, have to say it was pretty brisk along the shoreline. It took quite a while till I was able to feel my face after I got home but I did enjoy it. Spring is a long time coming this year and the cold and wind we've been experiancing is too last at least until the end of the week. The Isle of Arran was particularly hard hit and I can't remember when I last saw it this white, it certainly wasn't the end of March. Two huge pythons collapsed on the island under the weight of snow and ice and the islanders lost all power. Thankfully the sea wasn't too bad and they have been able to ferry out generators to help, Made me appreciate my wee warm house when I arrived home.
Stay cosy where ever you are :)


8 comments:

Deborah Adams said...

It's been a long Spring here in California as well. One can truly see the cold from your photos. Burrish!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Yes it seems to be an all over thing Deb, just hoping for a really good and long Summer :)

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Arran really looks wonderful. Have you painted it much?

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

I've painted it a few times Gail from the mainland. But strangely I've never actually been on it. I haven't a great fondness of the water but one day I'll pluck up the courage, they say it's very beautiful.

Karen M Schmidt said...

Beautiful photos ... I can imagine how chilly it is out there. I can almost feel the wind! I don't much care for the cold, except for the way it DOES make me feel grateful to be in a cozy place (preferably with a cup of hot cocoa or vanilla flavored coffee)!

Hecate said...

Lovely! Looks cold.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Was pretty cold Karen but an enjoyable walk...this has certainly been a strange Spring!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Glad you enjoyed the photos Hecate and yes it was pretty cold :)