Friday, 5 April 2013

Little Furballs....

 

Spike might be getting on the wrong side of his teens. The eyesight is not to good and his hearing has got beyond selective. Add to that the alopechia and you might thing he hasn't got a lot going for him. But, he still knows where the sunshine hits the floor on a sunny day. He has coped quite well with the loss of his brother, though he has become more clingy towards me and gets very upset when I go out without him. When we lost Joshua I said that was it when Spike passes there will be no more animals, not even a goldfish. Ha, a little while ago I came across a video of pomeranians doing an agility class and my heart started to thaw. I then came across some on facebook, the thaw became a trickle and I now find myself looking through the Pomeranian Handbook. It's not going to be easy these little furballs are like gold dust but I'm looking for an older dog that would fit better into our wee group. So, fingers crossed and watch this space, there might be a newcomer to the McCrindle residence soon.

www.elizabethmccrindle.com

7 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

I keep saying when the last two cats pass "no more" but I'm with you, looking to older pets...

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

there are probably a few rescue places with poms that would be looking for owners. so hard to get older dogs adopted :/
very hard to live without a dog, even if they drive you nuts sometimes :p

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

older dogs in the uk. a place to start looking when you are ready?

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Gail and Jennifer, I got Joshua and Spike when they were three years old from a pom breeder but sadly Frances passed away four years ago. I'm now armed with the Pomeranian handbook and will contact the Scottish breeders on it. I missed out on two lovely poms at Dogs Trust but will continue to check them daily....it's a bit like waiting for a bus theres either none or three come at once :)

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Jennifer have added it to my likes :)

Karen M Schmidt said...

What a cutie ... funny how they know all the best spots for napping. Good luck on your search; I know you will find just the right one for your family!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

He's such a sweet wee man Karen, hopefully it won't be long before we have another wee boy to keep him company :)