Saturday, 20 April 2013

"Ripple Through The Meadow" Acrylic 12"x12"

 
"Ripple Through The Meadow"
Acrylic 12"x12"
 
 
I actually finished this one last night but decided to put it aside for a bit. But, on reflection decided it was as good as I could get it without becoming to tight and pernickety.
Looking at it again first thing I'm glad I had left it as it was, the title came as I was transported back to the day I captured the image. It's a little meadow on the Springside end of the country walk cut off from the rest of the fields by a wee burn that sweeps round in a semi-circle. The farmer leaves it and takes hay from it, on this particular day there was a slight breeze rippling through the grasses changing it's colour. It's these little moments I try to capture when I paint an impression of what I saw and felt.


4 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

If I had some spare money right now this would be mine!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Well you never know Gail maybe your lottery ticket will come up and I'll still have it :)

Karen M Schmidt said...

Love this! reminds me of walking out in the pasture on a summer day. I really like all those luscious deep greens against that blue sky ... beautiful!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Thanks Karen for the lovely comment. Looking forward to some nice weather soon. Right now I think we would be blown across the meadow!