Friday, 24 May 2013

Hand-in at the Maclaurin

 
"Something's Brewing"
Acrylic 8"x8"
£250

 
"Cloud's Gathering"
Acrylic 16"x16"
£500
 
A pleasant morning was had dropping off my work at the Maclaurin Galleries. My good friend Jane also had paintings to enter for the new venture The Maclaurin Open Fine Art Exhibition. It was also lovely to meet up with our friend Helen Turner who is at the forefront of organising this lovely show. There has been a great response to it and a big entry of work which is good for the Gallery. The work will be going through a selection  process so now everything lies in the laps of the gods as we wait for a yes or no answer. We also popped into Gallery One to have a look at another new venture a monthly Artist Showcase. Each month three Ayrshire based artists will be given the oppertunity to exhibit six paintings in the relocated gallery craft shop. I'm pleased to say I've been asked to exhibit in November, though I don't know who I'll be exhibiting with yet. Exciting times...smile!

No comments: