Friday, 3 May 2013

"Tara's Eye" a work in progress....


Yesterday would have been Tara's 19th birthday and next month it will be two years since I lost her. I still miss her hugely but not with the same ache. Seems right now to paint her, and what better than as the first in a series of paintings featuring eyes. She had the most wonderful eye, warm and welcoming. This is a light wash done in acrylics to get me started but the plan is to now carry on in oils. Haven't set myself a target as too how many, I'll just go with the flow. Horses, cattle and dogs maybe even cat's now that I have a good model in Charlie my aunt's cat....smile!
Holiday weekend here but apart from watching the first of the Classics from Newmarket I'll probably be at the easel. Hoping my friends across the pond get a chance to put their feet up and watch their 'run for the roses' I'll have to wait and see a re-run.

5 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Time flies. I was looking at photos of our 4 cats that have passed since 2007. The deep heartache has passed but I still find myself close to tears. I imagine the same with you and Tara.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Yes time does fly. I miss them all Rio, Dougal and Tara and all the dogs. They make up a huge part of our life. Now I have wee Bud who is a pocket rocket dashing everywhere and into everything. Spike just likes to snuggle in and I know only too soon his time will come. The pain though is worth joy they bring.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

since October 25th 2010...
I still miss my dearest boyfriend (fluffy Himalayan felineWendell. He was so special....
Hugs to you, Elizabeth, and may I say that, as always, your paintings are beautiful.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I totally understand.

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Yes our animal friends are with us for such a short time Mary but oh so missed. Thanks for the lovely compliment about my work :)