Sunday, 2 June 2013

I started with good intentions....


I did start with good intentions, when I rose this morning I planned to come back from my walk, organise my brother and then paint. But, it was such a good sunny morning and my walk took longer. Plus I followed a pair of Roe Deer in the car with the hope of adding another photo to my collection. It wasn't easy but with the help of a slightly rattled bunch of cows I got the shot below. I only managed to snap this one, the other disappeared into thin air. I wish now I had taken a photo of  the cows standing bemused of the bank of the burn, wondering what had scattered them left, right and centre. I have a feeling that the deer had been spooked by someone or something and had headed our way to escape. They were running blindly and only saw me at the last moment before doubling back and around the now running cattle. Deciding there was only one of me they ducked through the herd, jumped into the burn heading for me. At the last moment they dodged to the right cleared the fence and landed on the road, that's when one disappeared. The other I expected to jump the hedge so raised my camera accordingly, got nothing but fresh air as it ducked down through a tiny hole in the fence. I wouldn't have got this shot if he hadn't stopped to look for his friend....love the photo though :)


2 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Your Roe deer look so different from ours!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Oh, didn't know you had Roe Deer in your neck of the woods!